Gazpacho is a cold raw vegetable soup from southern Spain, basically a blended salad. It is cool, refreshing and easy to make. It is also a great alternative to a Bloody Mary 😉 You can mix it with vodka, tequila, gin. Get creative!
There are hundreds if not thousands of recipes and variations. I included one of mine.
- 2 oz. Aqua Perfecta Basil way de vie
- 1 oz. dry Sherry
- 2.5 oz. Homemade Strawberry Gazpacho
- 0.25 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 barspoon Strawberry Rose Maple Syrup
- Rim: Habanero Rose Herb Crystals
Shake all ingredients with ice. Double strain into a cocktail glass. Cheers!
Strawberry Gazpacho Recipe
• 2 (16 oz. containers) organic strawberries
• 1 cup seedless watermelon
• 1 small seeded red pepper, chopped
• 1 heirloom tomato, quartered
• 1 small shallot minced
• 1 small garlic clove
• 2 tbsp. dry sherry
• 2 tbsp. strawberry vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
• 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
• 5 fresh basil leaves
• 5 fresh mint leaves
• pinch of salt, pepper, cayenne
Add all ingredients to the food processor. Blend until smooth, about 5 min. Chill for 2 hours or overnight. I like to strain mine through a fine mesh strainer for smoother consistency.