This is my entry for “Cocktails x Cookies” Contest organized and sponsored by @bestcocktails @Spirainc @monkeyinparadise
The heart of a family is found in the homes kitchens. The love of the family is made tangeible in cooking together. I remember as a little girl always hanging out in the kitchen watching my Mom and Grandma creating magic out of the simplest ingredients.
For this competition I am sharing with you a beloved treat that my Mom used to make for special celebrations.
This cookie recipe comes from the treasured heritage of my family and have been handed down for many generations. Of course we did not have Electric Sky natural food coloring back in the day so in the original recipe cranberry purée is used to color the glaze.
The flavors of these cookies are the flavors of my childhood and those precious moment with family. My cocktail mirrors those flavors as well. Cheers to all the remarkable people in ours lives and who we are because of them! May they never be forgotten! За вообще здоровье!
- 2 oz Monkey In Paradise Vodka
- 0.5 oz Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 oz White Cranberry Juice
- 1 drop Orange Flavoring
- Small pinch of Spira Electric Sky (for desired color)
- Splash of Tonic Water
Add the first six ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice . Shake vigorously to chill and dilute. Double strain enjoy your favorite cocktail glass. Add a splash of tonic water.
Forget-Me-Not Russian Vodka Cookie with Electric Sky Lemon Vodka Glaze and fresh mint.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest from 2 large oranges
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vodka
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and orange zest. Mix it with a fork until the sugar becomes moist and fragrant.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, vodka and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Gently add dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Divide dough in half placing each half into a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge. Roll out to ¼ inch thick. Cut out cookies.
- Bake until cookies are just golden at the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on wire racks.
Lemon Vodka Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Vodka
- 1/4 tsp Electric Sky
In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and Blue powder. Add lemon juice and vodka. Mix until smooth. Add extra powdered sugar or vodka for desired consistency.
Dip cookies into the glaze and place them on wire rack to set.